Your basement project is no time for surprises.
You’ll always know what to expect, and when to expect it.
Every project is unique, of course — after all, that’s what makes it your basement — but at HŌM Solutions we’ve developed a process and plan to ensure you get the best service, the highest-quality craftsmanship, and the greatest value for your investment. We are committed to showing you why a basement project needn’t take longer than six weeks.
1. Initial Consultation
- We’ll meet in your home at a time convenient for you to determine the scope of the project and begin developing a rough budget. We’ll listen carefully as you tell us what it is you want from your new basement; what features are must-haves, like-to-haves, and options.
- We’ll outline expectations as to how the project will proceed; and provide an approximate timeline.
- We’ll measure and take pictures of your basement space for use in developing plans and specifications.
2. Design Consultation
- You’ll work with a dedicated nationally-certified designer to begin developing a custom-tailored design to achieve your goals. Our designer will start with a rough draft allowing you to see the location of the rooms. We can even present 3D views at this point to assist you in visualizing the best use of the space. Once the layout has been determined we will finalize the design and begin preparing a more detailed proposal.
3. Project Proposal
- Based on the prior discussions and consultations, a final quote and contract will be prepared.
- Once the contract is signed, an agreeable start date is determined, and we schedule your basement project according to the contracted plan, specifications, and timeline. Our commitment to finish your basement on time will never cause us to cut corners. Hard work doesn’t scare us, it fuels us.
4. Materials Selection
- Materials such as flooring, counter tops, carpet, plumbing, lighting, and cabinetry can be easily selected from our partner vendors — including a design center where you can view a wide variety of product styles and finishes.
- Of course if you’ve already chosen your materials, we are happy to work with those, too. You’ll be provided a detailed project list for specified items — indicating quantities to purchase and when they are required on-site to meet the project schedule.
5. Pre-Construction Meeting
- Prior to your start date, we invite you to our office for a pre-construction meeting and lunch. This is where you’ll meet the team that is dedicated to your project, review the plan and proposal, talk about your design selections and have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the project and process.
- We’ll review the construction agreement, and provide you with a project timeline outlining the six-week construction project from lumber delivery to final walk-through. We also include a day-by-day construction calendar allowing you to plan your days. You’ll be provided an electronic copy of the calendar as well so you can have instant access to it on your computer, smart phone, and tablet.
- On day one we install a 4-mil plastic zippered door at the top of your stairs that will allow you access to the basement, but minimize the dust that can work its way upstairs. Then we’ll snap lines on the floor to verify the plan layout and your basement project has officially begun.
- HŌM Solutions will process all required documents for your project including permits, and will schedule all necessary inspections. The permit costs — which have already been included in your budget — include inspections performed by each applicable municipality.
- You will have access to a full-time Project Manager who will see your basement every day. The Project Manager is in charge of maintaining the schedule, quality and overall process from day one until your basement is finished, and is always available to answer any questions or address any concerns you may have.
- To reduce the risk of freezing pipes upon walling off the basement we take preventive measures by insulating air gaps in and around rim joists and fresh air intakes.
- Using your construction calendar, on any given day you’ll know what phase of construction your project is in and what work is being performed that day.
- HŌM Solutions will conduct walk-throughs to verify each phase of construction — framing, electrical, plumbing, etc.
- HŌM Solutions will perform a daily clean-up (construction and miscellaneous debris) so you don’t have to; with additional rough cleanings prior to inspections and flooring installation; and a final cleaning at project completion, including windows, screens, tracks, floors, etc. All you have to do is enjoy your new basement.
7. Your Basement is Complete
- Your basement project is completed according to the proposal and plan (including any adjustments made).
- You will not be required to make the final payment until after you’ve joined us on a final walk-through and inspection of your basement.
- Your satisfaction is guaranteed — before your final payment.